Director of Communications
The Director of Communications directs and executes the global communications program for the company. Responsibilities include building strategic partnerships with LST Marketing’s communications teams, providing counsel to LST Marketing executives and business leaders, and managing external PR firms and vendors. The diverse duties of this position range from developing the company’s internal and external messaging strategies, creating communications plans and press releases, engaging with the media, overseeing social media strategies, and managing internal communications and project and event management.
About LST Marketing
At LST Marketing, we provide custom solutions for clients participating in experiential marketing, event production, sports and entertainment. LST Marketing’s team of professionals excels at urban event operations, sponsorship activation, creative services, business-to-business sponsorship strategy, automotive retail advertising, corporate hospitality, communications, marketing research and analytics.
We offer excellent benefits, including 401(k) with matching, health, dental, vision, life and paid time off – all in a challenging, fast-paced, but fun and flexible environment.
- Build critical relationships with executives, business leaders and the global communications team to influence business outcomes and ensure effective and consistent communications strategies
- Manage media relationships and establish coverage in various media outlets, including print, broadcast and social media
- Respond to media inquiries, facilitate management interviews, track and monitor media coverage, work with external PR agencies and write and edit contributed content
- Create communications plans, including key messages, collateral material, rollout strategy and other external communications for digital and traditional platforms
- Draft press releases and oversee the review process
- Build content strategy for key internal communications initiatives and the company’s website, with a focus on driving engagement and increasing understanding of company performance and culture
- Plan, support and execute press conferences and media training for company executives; conduct spokesperson training and presentation support prior to interviews and speaking engagements
- Oversee award strategy and application process to enhance company’s external reputation
- Coach and develop team of communications practitioners to help build a world-class communications function
- Drive innovation and quality improvements in the department’s processes and systems
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in a communications-related major
- At least 10 years of experience in the public relations and corporate communications industry
- Minimum of five years’ experience managing direct reports
- Strong writing skills; mastery of English grammar and AP Style
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; ability to influence and counsel executives and cross-departmental groups
- Innovative and creative thinker with proven track record adopting communications technologies for internal and external audiences and strong understanding of the social media landscape
- Ability to think critically and analytically
- Strong project management skills and the ability to multitask
- Proficient knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Nonessential Skills & Experience:
- MBA or MA in Communications a plus
- Experience with international communications and cross-cultural communications a plus
- Familiarity or fluency in languages other than English a plus
- Experience in automotive or related industry helpful
- Knowledge of video editing and infographic design helpful
Click here to apply for this position or to view additional career opportunities with LST Marketing.