Marketing Account Coordinator
Position includes all of the following aspects:
Client Relationship Management: The Account Coordinator position requires the ability to manage, and begin to lead, the agency’s day-to-day relationship with key client contacts.
- Earn and keep clients’ respect and confidence as a trusted advisor bringing value to their business through a strong commitment to success, consistent performance and the ability to develop a wide range of ideas and solutions
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of, and be conversant in, clients’ businesses – their key issues, competitive situation and industry trends
- Demonstrate confidence and authority as the day-to-day voice of the agency team
- Effectively balance the dual expectations of your clients and the agency
- Anticipate potential relationship or expectation issues, advising the Account Director in time for the agency to act proactively
- Assist the Account Director with the development of an annual Client Development Plan
Staff and Project Leadership: The Account Coordinator position requires the ability to successfully focus the efforts of agency personnel so that projects are completed as proposed – on time, within budget and with a minimum of disruption to daily activity of client or agency.
- Outline expectations of, and communicate effectively with, agency team members
- Effectively assign, delegate, coordinate and monitor the work of agency staff members assigned to client projects
- Demonstrate an investment in, and commitment effectively with, the agency/client “team” to develop and support a positive mindset about the work, the client and the agency staff that is involved
- Establish rapport and trust with a range of staff members assigned to your account(s) – acknowledging the expectations of and on others, identifying team and project needs, remaining open to considering multiple points-of-view
- Provide a model for project leadership, being prepared and pro-active, thorough and accurate
- Encourage and demonstrate unity behind team and agency decision-making
- Effectively incorporate senior staffers from account management as well as other departments as project objectives or issues warrant
Analytic and Planning Abilities: As an Account Coordinator, you are required to employ a range of thinking and decision-making skills – “what if” “critical” and “judicious” approaches to client issues and initiatives.
- Display marketing curiosity and a willingness to push your own thinking and the agency’s work in new directions
- Clearly establish objectives and priorities for client initiatives
- Help develop, articulate, and adhere to, agreed upon strategies
- Demonstrate an ability to develop a range of alternatives for client and agency decision-making
- Identify key elements of an issue, problem or data set and be able to highlight general opportunities and implications
- Develop and articulate initial points-of-view relative to strategic, creative and media alternatives
- Make decisions that reflect “layers” of thought – balancing enthusiasm, insight, caution, discretion
Organizational Skills: The Account Coordinator is essentially the lead project manager on client projects and thus must demonstrate an ability to organize workload and workflow.
- Establish clear objectives and day-to-day priorities for yourself
- Effectively plan and organize the work of you and your team – handling multiple projects efficiently, effectively and productively
- Provide effective and efficient oversight of agency resources to insure projects are delivered as promised in terms of time, budgets and results
- Identify, classify, categorize and be able to retrieve information as required by you or agency team members
- Prepare thorough, accurate and consistent work to clients reflective of the agency’s quality standards
- Be able to adapt to workload and working conditions while maintaining a positive attitude and professional demeanor
Presentation/ Selling Skills: As Account Coordinator, you are expected to effectively present the agency’s decisions, recommendations and creative product to a range of client audiences.
- Develop and demonstrate a clear, comfortable, persuasive presentation style for both formal and informal settings
- Be well-rehearsed and prepared for the unexpected
- Make certain presentation support materials are consistent and in line with the agency’s expectations of quality
Written Communication Skills: The Account Coordinator must be able to write clearly and persuasively.
- Provide clear, thorough written direction to staff
- Deliver concise, accurate and actionable accounts of meetings and discussions
- Develop persuasive summary and recommendation documents for presentation to client and agency decision-makers
- Contribute to project and/or annual client planning documents
Computer Skills: The Account Coordinator should be proficient in, and be able to provide support to junior personnel regarding, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Advantage. Additionally, the Account Coordinator should know how to use all agency presentation systems and equipment.
Adherence to Agency Processes
- The Account Coordinator must consistently utilize agency tools and processes to manage projects to an on-time and on-budget completion and to support the information needs of agency management
- Prepare accurate and timely internal communication: creative briefs, job starters, change orders, media plan requests, buy authorizations, timelines and estimates
- Prepare accurate and timely external communication: point-of-view support, conference reports, recaps, timelines, estimates and weekly status reports
- Review weekly status reports before distribution
- Review, approve, present and gain approval of project estimates from client and provide to Account Director
- Develop and monitor project estimate vs. actual time and cost accruals to eliminate or minimize write-off’s
- Review monthly billing for accuracy and completeness in accordance with the Accounting calendar
- Review monthly budget recaps prior to distribution to Account Director
- Submit expense reports within seven days and follow agency guidelines and policies for reimbursement
- Document, and copy Human Resources on any disciplinary conversations with staff members
- Follow all standard agency policies and procedures
The following characteristics are expected of each employee of the agency regardless of role or responsibility:
- Positive attitude – a high level of enthusiasm, motivation and resilience, a sense of urgency to obtain results, an ability to maintain a positive attitude when under pressure, an ability to keep things in perspective
- Respect – a commitment to treat employees, clients and vendors with respect, a willingness to be respectful of others’ opinions and ideas, a commitment to respect the work
- Professionalism – a high level of professionalism in attitude demeanor and dress, demonstrate maturity in handling confidential matters, a consistent businesslike demeanor and performance, common sense and good judgment, have good attendance and be punctual
- Dependability – a reputation for doing what you say you are going to do, a willingness to go beyond the call of duty
- Integrity – a track record of doing the right thing for the right reason, honesty and sincerity, earning the trust of clients and employees, maintaining strict standards of confidentiality
- Commitment to quality – proof all work for accuracy, a demand for excellence in all forms of communication, always looking after the smallest detail
- Creativity – a reputation for innovative thinking, working with an entrepreneurial spirit , not only in the visual aspects of our work, but in all areas of our business
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Individuals with 1-2 years experience in customer/client service industries looking for career growth
- Individuals looking for performance based growth instead of seniority
- B.S. in Business Management, Marketing, Communications, or closely-related fields
Here are a few personal traits that foster success at LST Marketing:
- Judgment and Decision-Making Ability
- Social Orientation
- Attention to Detail
Click here to apply for this position or to view additional career opportunities with LST Marketing.
About LST Marketing
At LST Marketing, we create events, consumer activations and communications that help brands make connections by defining their authentic purpose, to become proactive, to innovate and live culturally relevant and commercially successful lives. We provide custom solutions for clients participating in experiential marketing, event production, sports and entertainment. LST Marketing’s team of professionals excels at urban event operations, sponsorship activation, creative services, business-to-business sponsorship strategy, automotive retail advertising, corporate hospitality, communications, marketing research and analytics.