Social Media Specialist
We are seeking a Social Media Specialist to enhance LST’s capabilities in communications services and strategy for its clients, as well as support our experiential marketing, event production and creative services. Working alongside some of the most experienced and knowledgeable professionals in the industry, the candidate will enjoy growth and experience in a highly dynamic environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Social Media Specialist will work directly with client road crews and event producers to moderate social media content at live events, in an effort to enrich the fan experience. The successful candidate will have a strong marketing/branding sense and be proficient with all current social media platforms. Previous experience covering and/or working at live sports or entertainment events is preferred.
- Work with internal Digital/Social Media, Live Events, TV Production, and Marketing/PR teams to develop compelling interactive elements for live events
- Serve as on-site moderator for fan-submitted content, ensuring that only content meeting client standards is shown in-arena, on-line, and/or on-air
- Coordinate the creation of video and graphic assets and ensure their timely approval and implementation
- Directly engage fans and partners via social media platforms, fostering positive conversations and relationships
- Ensure integration of social media content plans within overall marketing goals
- Monitor, track, interpret, and leverage social media industry trends and best practices
- Actively participate and contribute to the development of communication plans, ideation sessions and weekly team meetings
- Integrate with other LST departments and identify alignment opportunities.
- Responsible for staying current with new technology and methodologies in communications and social media
- Recommends changes to processes and procedures based on new technology and concepts
- Participate in client meetings and conference calls as needed
LST Marketing is seeking a dynamic, self-starter with a successful record in social media and content creation. General requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required:
- 2+ years of related work experience in Live TV/Digital production, PR/Marketing, and/or journalism environment
- Experience covering live events with social media, especially live sports and entertainment events
- Proven track record of creative and innovative thinking, action, and results
- Strong understanding of social media and its role in business as well as experience managing social media campaigns
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-based, ever-changing environment while remaining organized and detail-oriented
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to provide samples of previous social media campaign work
- Willing and able to travel extensively, including weekends and holidays
- BA degree in Communications, English, PR, Marketing, Digital/Social Media or related field of study
About LST Marketing
At LST Marketing, we create events, consumer activations and communications that help brands make connections by defining their authentic purpose, to become proactive, to innovate and live culturally relevant and commercially successful lives. We provide custom solutions for clients participating in experiential marketing, event production, sports and entertainment. LST Marketing’s team of professionals excels at urban event operations, sponsorship activation, creative services, business-to-business sponsorship strategy, automotive retail advertising, corporate hospitality, communications, marketing research and analytics.
We offer excellent benefits including 401(k) with matching, health, dental, vision, life, paid-time-off – all in a challenging, fast-paced, but fun and flexible environment.